Saturday, December 4, 2010

Art Room Project - Side Cabinets

This is the fourth post in my Art Room Project series. Find the Table of Contents at the first post, Getting Started.

Side to Side

Next we have the side cabinets. Here they are installed.

Since the cabinet goes floor to ceiling, I had to make them in two parts, the lower drawers made first and installed, then the top shelves built on last.

The top will have adjustable shelves I will install later.

Drawers

The drawers are basic. I built the bottom drawer to handle hanging files if needed. I'll be adding doors and drawer fronts later.

See the Seam (not)

The view from the inside shows the seam where the top and bottom cabinets meet. I put the seam where the desk top will line up, so the seam won't be visible.

Now I have the anchor cabinets in the room, it is time to build around them.

Next Post: Project Cabinets

No comments:

Post a Comment