Sunday, July 15, 2012

Art Room Project - Final

This is the twelfth post in my Art Room Project series. Find the Table of Contents at the first post, Getting Started.

Details

I installed the hardware. They are a pewter finish with a mixture of pulls and knobs. The contrasting silver pops against the deep red and black wood grain. I'm very happy with the results.

Also added a new overhead light. Had to move the electrical around a little, but no hassle if you've done it once or twice.

The only parts left on the room is finding the perfect chair, building some more hangings for the slatwall (see below), and organizing all my art crap in a meaningful way.










Knobs and Pulls with Gargoyle and Fly Vise













Slatwall Goodies

The slatwall allows me to add/move/remove hooks and other accessories. Here I have a hook holding up first painting (at 5 years old) and a paper towel holder. Instead of mounting the paper towel holder on a wall and then having to live with that decision until I take out the drill and screwdriver again, I just use a slatwall mount I made.












Mount Details

The mount is just a set of hooks on the back of a board. I custom make the hooks by using aluminum strips and bending brake and epoxy them to the board. A little paint and we have a mount suitable for mounting.







I can also add neat things like my old-tyme Boston pencil sharpener.


We are officially done with the interesting parts of the project, so I can finally close the books on this adventure. Stay tuned for more projects!




No comments:

Post a Comment